My Shopping List
Mexican Mole Pork Chops
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, 1 1/2-in. thick
+ 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
+ 2 tsp. onion powder
+ 1 1/2 tsp. cocoa
+ 1 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1/4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper, depending on heat desired
+ 1/8 tsp. paprika
+ dash cinnamon
+ dash ground allspice
+ 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
+ 1 lime, juiced
+ 1 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
+ 1 to 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, snipped
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
What to do:
1. In small bowl, combine dry rub ingredients; rub onto both sides of pork chops. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to 400º to 450º F. When ready to cook, spray light coat of cooking spray on pork chops to keep them from sticking to the grill. Place on hot grill. Cover; cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. using an instant-read thermometer. Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Mango Salsa: Combine ingredients in bowl. Serve with Mexican Mole Pork Chops.
* Celebrate the flavors of a traditional Mexican mole sauce with a high-impact dry rub featuring dried chipotle peppers, cocoa and cinnamon, topped with a cool mango salsa.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 248; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 80mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 213mg;