My Shopping List
Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 17-ounce package)
+ 1 1/2 c. (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
+ 1 1/2 c. (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
+ 1/2 c. real bacon bits
+ 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
+ 3 eggs
+ 1 1/2 c. half-and-half
+ 1 tsp. onion powder
+ 1/4 tsp. black pepper
+ 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and flute edges.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cheddar and Swiss cheeses; sprinkle half the mixture into bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle bacon bits over cheese, top with spinach, then remaining cheese.
3. In the same bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, onion powder, and pepper; beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour into pie crust; sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.